Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Very Dexter Christmas, The Pictures

So, this was Dex's first Christmas, and I think it was a success! He seemed to like his presents more than the wrapping paper, which in itself made Christmas a success I think. But he also got to be part of a few traditions that we have as well.

Harold's parents used to do balloons on Christmas morning every year. It started with one year when money was tight so they wanted to add to the feel of a special Christmas, without having a lot of gifts. They covered their ceiling with red and green balloons and streamers and the kids LOVED it. It turned into a yearly tradition for them and now, it is a tradition for us that started this year with Dex. Harold had to work the graveyard Christmas Eve to Christmas morning so he got home at about 7am Christmas morning, and brought 40 balloons with him. It was last minute so he didn't get red and green, but it was still perfect. Dex cried at first...I think the balloons scared him, but once I showed him they were ok, he loved them too! I can't wait to do this for many years to come.

The other tradition we have is going out for Indian food for Christmas dinner. It's odd I know, but it is mine and Harold's tradition and I love it. This year was the third year we have done it and Dex's first year (out of the belly at least).



















No comments:

Post a Comment